- How many meals do I need?
Consider your family's weekly schedule. Who eats when and where? Which meals are satisfying/healthy, and which meals need a makeover? Add up the number of meals (not servings) your family needs per week to cover breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner needs. GF Chef meals can be stored by individual serving, so you can take them on the go.
- I am not sure if the meal plans on the website fit with what I need. Can I make changes?
Definitely. The posted meal plans are popular suggestions, but all services are able to be customized. I would suggest a phone or in-home consultation so that together we can determine the best plan for your needs.
- What is the difference between gluten-free and Paleo meals?
Gluten-free generally refers to avoidance of wheat gluten. In general this refers to wheat, rye, barley, oats, and anything made from these ingredients, such as soy sauce. Gluten is the protein of the wheat grain and is the part that is difficult to digest, especially for anyone with a gluten intolerance.
That being said, there is also a gluten-zero dietary approach, which seeks to eliminate all sources of glutens, including corn and many other foods that act like gluten or are considered to be cross-contaminated (corn, soy, oats, etc). Gluten-zero can often be the key diet for celiacs and others with severe gluten-intolerance or auto-immune disease, including Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Good references for the gluten-zero diet are: Dr. Rodney Ford (www.drrodneyford.com) and Dr. Peter Osborne (www.glutenfreesociety.org).
Paleo refers to the Paleolithic Diet or Caveman Diet. It refers to eating from the earth the way our early ancestors did. The diet consists of meat proteins, eggs, preferably local and seasonal vegetables & fruits, herbs, nuts and other fats. Quality fats (olive, coconut, avocado) found in nature are essential to the Paleo diet. There are numerous sources of information for the Paleo diet, but the founder is Loren Cordain, PhD (www.thepaleodiet.com).
Paleo has become a spectrum in recent years, so you will find different versions. Some Paleo followers strictly avoid dairy, while others advocate for raw dairy products, especially butter and kefir.
- I am a wellness provider and am looking for a referral source for my patients/clients who are just beginning a gluten-free lifestyle. Do you offer wellness services?
Yes. Please see the menu of services provided specifically for providers and their patients. You can trust that GF Personal Chef will treat every referral with the highest level of care and service.
- How can I contact GF Personal Chef?
I can be reached at 281-451-5896 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I have questions and want to speak face-to-face. Does GF Personal Chef offer a free consultation?
Yes. I will speak with you by phone or come to your home. For anyone who wishes to subscribe to meal service, a consultation is a required first-step.
- There are only 1-2 people in our household. What do you advise for reducing costs? Each meal includes up to 4 servings. I advise that you do at least 2 or 4 servings of each meal. For example, if you need 12 meals/week, order the 3-meal plan with 4 servings. By repeating meals in a given week, you reduce overall costs.
- I just found out that I am gluten-intolerant and/or have celiac disease. I am overwhelmed by all the dietary changes and need someone to help educate me and get me started on a gluten-free lifestyle. Does GF Personal Chef offer wellness services?
Yes, I can help you (and your family) get educated and focused. Please contact me to discuss a custom plan.
- What is your Satisfaction Guaranteed policy?
GF Personal Chef is my passion and calling. I am committed to the highest quality of food and service. If you are not satisfied or feel that you cannot refer me with confidence, I want to hear about it so that I can fix the problem. I assure you that together we will come up with a solution.
- Who is GF Personal Chef?
I am a proud mom and inspired educator, writer, entrepreneur, and wellness advocate. I eat and live gluten-free, and I live the principles of my business. I believe proper nutrition is a cornerstone of optimal health. You can see more about me online by clicking here.
- Does GF Personal Chef eat gluten free?
Since 2012. As an educator, I have worked with numerous students with ADD/ADHD, as well as students with autism, cognitive/neurological disorders, and learning challenges. I noticed the link between nutrition, behavior, and learning. Curious, I began to research nutrition on their behalf and began encouraging and empowering families with the information I found. I noted the suspected harmful effects of gluten and casein, artificial sweeteners, sugar, caffeine, and food additives. I discovered that microwaving in plastic in toxic and that canned food is contaminated. I also discovered that our water supply is not necessarily safe. Through a series of my own health challenges, I discovered that healthy, gluten-free living was absolutely right for me.
- What are the ways I can connect with GF Personal Chef?
- I have been hearing a lot about bone broth lately. What is it?
Nourishing broth is an INCREDIBLE source of dense nutrition. It boosts your immunity, improves digestion, aids in the healing of leaky gut, nourishes the brain, and helps to allay allergic response. It can also reduce cellulite, repair ligaments, joints and other connective tissues, as well as promote strong hair, teeth, and nails. Nourishing broth is great for overcoming nausea, colds, flu, and other viruses. In other words, it is an often-overlooked SUPER FOOD. Simply put, bone broth is meat bones simmered in water with herbs and spices, oil, and other immune-boosting ingredients. It can be sipped (or slurped!) as is, or you can use it as a base for soups, stews, sauces, cooking liquid, or in vegetable purees -- including baby food!
- My husband's boss is coming for dinner, and his wife has celiac disease. What should I serve? Does GF Personal Chef cater for dinner parties?
Need ideas? Visit our Sample Menu page. Need extra help? Book GF Chef for an exceptional, customized culinary experience.
- Now that we are eating gluten-free, I am overwhelmed by my pantry and refrigerator. I don't know what is safe/allowed and what isn't. Is there someone who can help me sort our foods and get organized for gluten-free living?
Book Chef Jacqueline for a customized kitchen overhaul.
- I am on a wellness plan but feeling overwhelmed when I go to a wellness appointment. Is there someone who could accompany me and serve as my helper/advocate in a medical or wellness setting?
Yes, we can support you and help you implement changes. Please contact Chef Jacqueline for more information.
See Meal PLans| F.A.R.M. Fresh And Ready Meals
GF Personal Chef | Gluten-Free & Paleo Meals | Houston Area | 281.451.5896 | email@example.com